We've just made a massive set of releases to Aurelia's core libraries and plugins. This set of releases includes perf optimizations, reduced memory utilization, removal of a memory leak, plenty of fixed bugs and adds some new features!
There are several, long-awaited new features related to the templating engine, I know many of you will be excited about:
- Inheritance of Bindables - Now you can inherit custom elements to inherit the bindable properties! This addresses the most common request for basic component inheritance scenarios.
- If/Else - We've added an
elseattribute that you can use in combination with the
ifattribute in your templates! No more need for inverse
ifstatements to handle the falsy case.
from-viewbindings - This is a one-way binding that only pushes from the view to the model. To create symmetry, we've also added the
to-viewbinding as an alias to our standard
Check out the detailed release notes below. If you use the
aurelia-i18n library, please read carefully. It's had a major version update.
Major updates may include breaking changes, new features, fixes to bugs and performance improvements.
With this new major release of the aurelia-i18n plugin, we catch up with the fast iterating library i18next. We're upgrading from 3.4.1 to 9.0.0 to enable all the recent feature improvements. Although this big leap didn't introduce any issues with our current tests, we'd like to point out that support for the deprecated options to i18next v1 is dropped, as of this release, by our base dependency. This explains why we're bumping the aurelia-i18n major version as well, in order to give you time to catch up and try out any potential edge cases.
If you experience any issues related to i18next, please make use of the official issue ticker, all plugin-related issues are as always welcome in our repository. As an additional note, we'd like to ask, as stated in the issue template, please always include a minimal reproducible example of your issue, so that analyzing and fixing your problem gets done as fast as possible.
- attribute: check parent node on remove (375a745)
- relative-time: updated translations for french locale (fa922db)
- i18next: update to v9.0.0 (fa64f3e)
- i18next: all tests passed, this might introduce some compatibility issues due to dropping support for i18next options of type v1. See details in i18next changelog; fixes https://github.com/aurelia/i18n/issues/199
Minor updates include new features, updates to bugs and performance improvements.
- history-browser: add getState and setState
- Added support for traditional query string parameter construction.
- ParserImplementation: allow use of $parent with | or & expressions (a18fd33), closes aurelia/framework#791
- subscriber-collection: fix removeSubscriber leak (8fe6181), closes #585 #555
- activation: Deactivate child viewModels when replacing a parent (f73b6d5)
- router: fix NavigationInstructionInit's queryParams (1266b0b)
- router: getBaseUrl() to return correct URL for encodable chars (0ef12f6)
- activation: call can/Deactivate with navigationInstructions (3d3c444), closes #493
- router: enable parent chain unknown route handlers (f692bcb)
- type declarations: Refine the type (638aef4)
- primaryProperty: infinite recursion when used with template controller (5b5ed56)
- view-engine: use .address in case of RegistryEntry (ab1064c)
- html-behavior: Allow inheritance of bindable properties for custom elements (1209aa6)
- view-engine: simplify entry url acquisition (f57cff9)
- build: build is not compatible with Node 8 (a5cbd4d)
- compose: await composition/activation (685344e), closes #299 #240
- css-resource: ensure only global styles get injected globally (5513a36), closes #304
- repeat: bug when "if.bind", "repeat.for" and animations are used in (251a319)
- set-repeat-strategy: fix negative index error with empty set (5d6a464), closes #284
- test: failing tests after IfCustomAttribute refactoring (c3c0990), closes #307
- templating: else custom attribute (8b0131a)
- route-href: delay route generation until after router's baseURL has been set (606bf42), closes #46
- templating-router: Silence Bluebirds runaway promise warning (62ba4e2)
- Use route as default property for route-href
- deps: remove templating-resources dep (a7fedb8)
- Fixed bug causing animations to be removed
- Show/hide animations now only when anim-show/anim-hide present
- Added animations for show/hide
- Added getState and setState to the history interface
Patch updates include only fixes to bugs and performance improvements.
- index: remove capacity defined check (ef6c4b8)
- Internal refactoring to reduce code duplication
- Improve TypeScript types
- Remove unnecessary return statement
- index: single array index for system key (f5e36b1)
- events: start and end events capture bubbles (bb85e90)
- stagger: add leave animation stagger (#62) (74904c4)